Opioid Use in Pregnancy: 2018 & Beyond
Friday April 13, 2018 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
This one day continuing professional development event will address challenges associated with opioid use and treatment during pregnancy. Effects of opioids on both mothers and infants will be discussed, along with community resources. The purposes of this session is to update health care professionals on opioid use during the perinatal period.
Target Audience: MDs, pharmacists, nurses, social workers, counselors, health educators, psychologists and others interested in opioid use and pregnancy.
• Discuss the scope of opioid use during the pregnant and postpartum periods.
• Explore challenges associated with neonatal abstinence syndrome.
• Identify techniques to assist mothers who are breastfeeding their opioid dependent infants.
• Recognize pharmacological considerations for patients who are dependent upon opioids.
• Create action steps to assist families struggling with opioid addiction.
Forsyth Medical Center
3333 Silas Creek Parkway
Winston Salem, NC 27103