October 5, 2018 @ 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Southern Regional AHEC
1601 Owen Dr
Fayetteville, NC 28304
The integrative medicine approach to pain can offer hope, adding safe complementary and alternative medical (CAM) therapies to mitigate pain and suffering. Such CAM therapies include nutrition, supplements and herbs, manual medicine, acupuncture, yoga, and mind-body approaches. This program will cover various aspects of complementary medicine that can be used to relieve, pain and stress.
- Review the neuroscience of pain.
- Explore the role of evidence-based medicine in the treatment chronic pain.
- Have an experience of mindfulness to better understand the role of mindfulness in pain management.
- Review available literature and clinical evidence of acupuncture and other modalities of Asian Medicine for relieving pain and improving sleep.
- Learn how practicing yoga for pain can cause physical changes in the body to promote healing.
- Review a brief history of osteopathic medicine.
- Discuss osteopathic approach and treatment modalities.
- Discuss a case example of low back pain.
- Address the importance of treating the whole person, mind-body-spirit.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit 5.50
Contact Hours 5.50
CNE Contact Hours 5.50
to be taken to registration (late registration fee $125)
for the program brochure