The North Carolina Controlled Substance Reporting System (CSRS) was established by North Carolina law to improve the state’s ability to track prescribing and dispensing patterns of controlled substances in North Carolina. The tracking of controlled substance prescribing and dispensing is part of a larger effort to curb the abuse and misuse of prescription drugs by North Carolinians. This training program introduces you to the CSRS.
Steps for earning continuing education credit:
- Review the content provided on this page and in the “Video Tutorial” tab at the top of the page.
- Work through each of the three patient case studies, which were created based on the experiences of pharmacists practicing in outpatient, community, and inpatient settings.
- Follow the instructions on the “Assessment” tab to take the continuing education assessment and claim credit.
CSRS Registration Instructions
- All prescribers and delegates may apply through the NC CSRS website by performing the following steps:
1. Open https://nccsrs.hidinc.com/ncsignup.html, where a login window will be displayed
2. Enter newacct in the User Name field.
3. Enter welcome in the Password field.
4. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete your registration.Prescribers can also register online through the NC Medical Board or NC Board of Nursing. Click below to link to your specific licensee form.MD, PA or DO