Pathways to Safer Opioid Use is an interactive training that promotes the appropriate, safe, and effective use of opioids to manage chronic pain. It’s based on the opioid-related recommendations in the National Action Plan for Adverse Drug Event Prevention (ADE Action Plan).
In this training, you will learn how to:
- Apply health literacy strategies to help patients understand how to prevent opioid-related adverse drug events (ADEs)
- Identify risk factors, opioid medications, and interactions that increase people’s risk for opioid-related ADEs
- Use a multidisciplinary, team-based approach for treating patients with chronic pain
- Combine the principles of the Health Literate Care Model and the biopsychosocial model of chronic pain management through case study examples
- Preview the CoursePathways begins with a 7-minute video that provides background on the principles of health literacy, patient communication, and opioid-related ADEs that are addressed in the training.To watch the video, go to the course page and click the arrow on the right-hand side of the screen.
Get CPE or CME Credit
If you would like to receive continuing education credit after completing Pathways, please complete the appropriate post-test.
- See how to get continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit
For medical professionals: