Jalal et al. analyzed nearly 600,000 unintentional drug overdoses over a 38-year period. Although the overall mortality rate closely followed an exponential growth curve, the pattern itself is a composite of several underlying subepidemics of different drugs. Geographic hotspots have developed over time, as well as drug-specific demographic differences.
September 26, 2017
June 29, 2017
- Methamphetamine Deaths Are Increasing Faster Than Opioid-Related Deaths in NC
- Evidence-Based Strategies for Preventing Opioid Overdose
- Changing Dynamics of the Drug Overdose Epidemic in the US from 1979-2016
- Surgeon General Releases Spotlight on Opioids, Evidence-Based Treatment Needed
- Association of Early MAT with Retention in Care Among Youths with OUD