The incidence of neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS) has been climbing steadily, according to a 2016 Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The report, published August 12, indicated that the number of NAS cases rose from 1.5 per 1,000 hospital births in 1999 to 6 per 1,000 in 2013.
- Methamphetamine Deaths Are Increasing Faster Than Opioid-Related Deaths in NC
- Evidence-Based Strategies for Preventing Opioid Overdose
- Changing Dynamics of the Drug Overdose Epidemic in the US from 1979-2016
- Surgeon General Releases Spotlight on Opioids, Evidence-Based Treatment Needed
- Association of Early MAT with Retention in Care Among Youths with OUD