America’s prescription drug abuse epidemic may be even more deadly than expected, a new report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests. Some opioid-related deaths may be missed when people die from pneumonia and other infectious diseases caused and/or exacerbated by drug abuse. Their death certificates may only list the infection as the cause of death, explained CDC field officer Victoria Hall.
- Final Changes to 42 CFR Part 2 Expand the Ways Patients’ Information May Be Shared
- CLINICAL BEST PRACTICES USING MEDICATION-ASSISTED TREATMENT
- Opioid Crisis: No Easy Fix to Its Social and Economic Determinants
- Clinical Guidance for Treating Pregnant and Parenting Women with OUD
- FDA Declares Kratom an Opioid