America’s prescription drug abuse epidemic may be even more deadly than expected, a new report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests. Some opioid-related deaths may be missed when people die from pneumonia and other infectious diseases caused and/or exacerbated by drug abuse. Their death certificates may only list the infection as the cause of death, explained CDC field officer Victoria Hall.
- Detox vs. Medication Assisted Treatment for OUD in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Science to Medicine: Medication Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder
- Dr. Jana Burson’s Response to NEJM Article on Benzodiazepine Use
- UNC Health Care Makes Checking Patient Opioid Use A Snap
- PCSS Expert Explains Why MAT Isn’t Substituting One Drug for Another