The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Sublocade, the first once-monthly injectable buprenorphine product for the treatment of moderate-to-severe opioid use disorder (OUD) in adult patients who have initiated treatment with a transmucosal (absorbed through mucus membrane) buprenorphine-containing product. It is indicated for patients that have been on a stable dose of buprenorphine treatment for a minimum of seven days.
- Detox vs. Medication Assisted Treatment for OUD in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Science to Medicine: Medication Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder
- Dr. Jana Burson’s Response to NEJM Article on Benzodiazepine Use
- UNC Health Care Makes Checking Patient Opioid Use A Snap
- PCSS Expert Explains Why MAT Isn’t Substituting One Drug for Another