The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Sublocade, the first once-monthly injectable buprenorphine product for the treatment of moderate-to-severe opioid use disorder (OUD) in adult patients who have initiated treatment with a transmucosal (absorbed through mucus membrane) buprenorphine-containing product. It is indicated for patients that have been on a stable dose of buprenorphine treatment for a minimum of seven days.
- North Carolina Opioid Summary from National Institute of Health
- RESPONDING TO PATIENT QUESTIONS WHEN IMPLEMENTING CURRENT PAIN MANAGEMENT GUIDELINES
- DISCONTINUING OPIOIDS: GIVING NEWS PATIENTS DON’T WANT TO HEAR
- The Burden of Opioid-Related Mortality
- Ethical Promotion and Patient Recruitment by Addiction Treatment Programs