The OCME Toxicology Laboratory is accredited by the American Board of forensic Toxicology (ABFT) and performs toxicology testing on all drug-related deaths in North Carolina to assist the pathologist in determining cause and manner of death. The OCME Toxicology Laboratory screens for more than 600 compounds. Based on provisional data, there were 479 fentanyl and/or fentanyl analogue related deaths and 521 heroin related deaths in North Carolina in 2016. The report below shows the breakdown of these deaths by type, month, county and other demographic details.
- Final Changes to 42 CFR Part 2 Expand the Ways Patients’ Information May Be Shared
- CLINICAL BEST PRACTICES USING MEDICATION-ASSISTED TREATMENT
- Opioid Crisis: No Easy Fix to Its Social and Economic Determinants
- Clinical Guidance for Treating Pregnant and Parenting Women with OUD
- FDA Declares Kratom an Opioid